Standard 3D Gel Number Plates
£40.00 – £50.00
3D Gel Number Plates are made by covering sheet-cut characters with a polyurethane gel resin, giving them the raised profile from the number plate. Being the premium plate in the registration plate industry, we ensure the final product is made of the highest quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
3D gel number plates are 100% road legal. All of the specifications and options that we offer are made to British Standards (BS AU 145d) and are legal for use on UK roads. As one of the UK’s most popular 3D number plate legal suppliers, we ensure that high-quality standards are met.
- Firstly, we print and cut legally sized characters.
- Then, we apply our premium grade resin, which recognises the cut lines of the letters and numbers.
- To remove bubbles, we place these finished characters into a purpose-made low-heat oven.
- When we are happy with the results, we remove them and allow them to cool.
- Once solidified we can peel off the high-strength 3M adhesive backing and place them on your plates.
- Lastly, we roll them through our airtight rollers. And they are ready for dispatch!
This is a question that we are often asked. The demand for both styles has multiplied over the years and some customers get confused as to which is which. Both are part of our raised character collection and offer a dynamic edge to your plates. The difference lay in the materials and methods used to manufacture the characters.
3D gel number plates as we have previously mentioned are made using a polyurethane gel resin, this leaves a smooth raised profile. 4D plates are different in that they are made from solid acrylic. This makes for a precise and ‘boxed’ cut around the characters. So although both are 3D in their appearance, 4D plates offer a completely different style.